On 12/11/18 8:46 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 12/11/2018 11:19 AM, Ivan Mitev wrote:

On 12/11/18 5:20 PM, Steve Coleman wrote:
I was attempting to "send" all my VM's private sections to a drive mounted on sys-usb, and I seem to have run into a problem with one particular AppVM. When it got to my vm-vault-private it printed:

"Delta map not finalized for vm-vault-private ...recovering."

and a few seconds later this exception:

"
Processing Volume : vm-vault-private
Updating block change map: Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/sparsebak/sparsebak.py", line 1008, in <module>
       monitor_send(options.volumes, monitor_only=False)
    File "/sparsebak/sparsebak.py", line 543, in monitor_send
       = update_delta_digest()
    File "/sparsebak/sparsebak.py", line 307, in update_delta_digest
     assert bkchunksize >= (bs*dblocksize) and bkchunksize % (bs*dblocksize) == 0
AssertionError

FWIW I get the same error when "sending" a test VM for the 2nd time (the first backup seemed to be OK) or when using "monitor".

I tried creating a new archive with some test vms and its working OK. Do you know specific steps that reproduce the error?

I also posted an update in the 'new' branch that will print out the relevant values if/when the error occurs:

https://github.com/tasket/sparsebak/tree/new

Thanks!

issue #5 ...

(might be a dupe of Steve's issue though).