On 1/20/19 12:33 AM, Andrew David Wong wrote:

On 18/01/2019 11.43 PM, thorsten.schie...@gmail.com wrote:
I am also interested in having encrypted vms (preferably having one password
for each VM-group).
Let's assume I have one or more VMs for each customer which contain sensitive
data that must not leak anywhere. While working for customer 1 I want to make
sure that only VMs for customer 1 are decrypted and usable (along with my
non-customer VMs). VMs from customer 2,3,... should be encrypted and
unaccessible at this time. When I move to cusomer 2, only these VMs should be
decrypted, etc.

My goals are:

- In the rare case I forget to lock my notebook at cusomer 1 I don't want
anyone to be able to extract other customers data. (While not perfect in
regards to dom0 security at least it makes sure no data can be stolen)
[...]

We actually have an open issue for this:

(I didn't see this mentioned in your message, so you may not be aware of
it.)

Or just encrypt all your customer A data inside a container or partition in dom0 and attach that to the right VM on demand whilst memorizing the respective password.

That would be ~20 lines of code or 5 min work per customer.

Anyway if your dom0 is compromised and you don't fully give up the machine, your data is compromised as well.