On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 02:36:00PM -0400, Demi M. Obenour wrote:
> Is it possible to build an Arch install ISO in addition to the
> TemplateVM RPMs?  I would prefer to avoid copying the RPMs into
> my dom0, whereas installing from an ISO has no such problems.

that is actualy worse than copying a rpm to dom0.

> Alternatively, is it possible to extract a root filesystem image
> from an RPM and safely (without compromising dom0) import it into a
> fresh TemplateVM?

https://github.com/xaki23/rzqubes/blob/master/misc/installtemplate.sh

can be run in either dom0 or (with a lot of policy adjustments
or a bazillion manual approvals and minor changes) an adminapi-vm.

it is also mostly trivial to install the template-root right
from the buildvm. (skipping the "rpm" part entirely)