On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 09:57:42AM +1000, Jason Barrett wrote:
> when do you think we might see Nvidia support, my pc has no integrated GPU
> and i have a 3080
>

> On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 10:14 PM unman <un...@thirdeyesecurity.org> wrote:

> > > That sounds messy to impossible as you already point out with "as best we
> > > can".
> > >
> > > I don't think a (non-technical) user would anticipate this to happen or
> > be
> > > able to accurately predict the consequences.
> > >
> > > /Sven
> > >
> > > --
> > >  public key: https://www.svensemmler.org/0x8F541FB6.asc
> > > fingerprint: D7CA F2DB 658D 89BC 08D6 A7AA DA6E 167B 8F54 1FB6
> > >

> > Thanks for the input Sven. Those are my thoughts.
> > On the other hand, a non-technical user might be surprised that
> > removing the package that installed (e.g) a VPN set-up did not remove
> > it also.
> > For non-technical users there would be the advantage that they are
> > unlikely (and would not be encouraged) to change the configuration
> > themselves.

I'll answer here, although I'm not convinced you're in the right thread.

It's not as if there is **no** Nvidia support - just as with CPUs, the
problem is that you are working with newly released hardware, and it's
not feasible for Qubes to play continuous catch up.
An added problem is the (notoriously) bad Nvidia support for Linux,
although I have read good reports of the drivers for the 3080.

With the changes coming in 4.1 you may find that some of issues will
disappear.