"is single user in each VM because it is assumed that the kernel is not
trustworthy."

Can you elaborate it a bit? I don't get what you mean. Are you assuming
that compromising a jailed an unprivileged web browser is the same as
running it as root?

"higher security and performance can perhaps be achieved by using stuff
like unikernels running stripped-down apps or services"
100% agree.

"why publish a PDF?  It's not linkable, hard to quote... Why not a post on
a blog?"
Not linkable...? I don't have a blog. Maybe I should start one. Thanks for
the suggestion.