On Saturday, 28 May 2016 04:01:57 UTC+10, raah...@gmail.com wrote:

> what printer model?  if its networked as been said you have to temp allow
> network access.  Maybe you dont' realize your fedora template is being
> allowed network acess for some reason but the debian one is not?   double
> check the firewall settings for each.

It's a Konica Minolta.

I'll go into more detail for you since you may not be understanding what I
meant because I didn't go into enough detail.

1. start Print Settings
2. click Add button
3. click on Network Printer.
4. Find Network Printer.
6. Enter Host IP of Printer.
7. Click Find
8. Select Konica Minolta from found printers list.
9. Make sure hostname is correct for printer.
10. Chance it to the IP instead of hostname and click Probe.
11. Ensure the Queue is correct and Connection as well.
12. Click Forward
13. "Searching for Drivers" dialogue pops up, then vanishes, New Printer
window vanishes, Print Settings vanishes.
  -- All other windows open stay there, it's only the print settings and
sub windows that vanish.
  -- That was the first thing I checked.
  -- If I perform the same thing in an AppVM, the whole Print Settings and
Add Printer all just lock up. instead of vanishing.