On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 6:27:01 PM UTC-6, piitb...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as my Qubes OS installation seems to get mature and the most important things
> work, I'm happy to contribute to the HCL:
>
> ---
> layout:
>   'hcl'
> type:
>   'notebook'
> hvm:
>   'yes'
> iommu:
>   'yes'
> tpm:
>   disabled in BIOS
> brand: |
>   LENOVO
> model: |
>   20BG001CGE
> bios: |
>   GNET76WW (2.24 )
> cpu: |
>   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4900MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
> cpu-short: |
>   Core i7-4900MQ
> chipset: |
>   Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller
> [8086:0c04] (rev 06)
> chipset-short: |
>   ???
> gpu: |
>   Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
> [8086:0416] (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
>   NVIDIA Corporation GK106GLM [Quadro K2100M] [10de:11fc] (rev a1) (prog-if
> 00 [VGA controller])
> gpu-short: |
>   NVIDIA Quadro K2100M
> network: |
>   Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I217-LM (rev 04)
>   Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev 83)
>   Sierra Wireless LTE WWAN Card (passed through to to sys-net)
> memory: |
>   32356
> scsi: |
>   SAMSUNG MZ7TD512 Rev: 5L0Q - SSD1 = 512 GB
>   SanDisk SDSSDXPS Rev: 00RL - SSD2 (in optical Bay) 480 GB
>
> versions:
>
> - works:
>     yes
>   qubes: |
>     R3.1
>   xen: |
>     4.6.0
>   kernel: |
>     4.1.13-9
>   remark: |
>     WWAN is working by passing the USB Controller (PCI-Device 00:1d:0) to
> sys-net
>     Windows 7 HVM is working
>     Seamless Windows Mode is working
>     the W540 is a workhorse (4 Cores x 2.8 GHz, 32GB RAM, 2 SSDs) and Qubes
> OS runs very smooth.
>   credit: |
>     If you own the same device, do not hesitate to contact me, if you need
> help getting Qubes OS working.
>   link: |
>     n/a

Hoping you might be able to help. I have the same W540 as you. I made the
bootable usb using rufus and the dd method. It install begins fine but gets
stuck at qubes-mgmt-salt-base-topd. I have tried several times. I even left it
overnight in case it was just taking a long time. Still can't get past it. Did
you do anything special or different to get it running on your machine? Any
help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.