On Sunday, 15 May 2016 14:05:50 UTC+10, Jeremy Rand wrote:

> FWIW, I think a legal argument could be made that such license
> agreements are anti-competitive and therefore unenforceable.  However,
> I am unaware of any specific precedent for this argument, so it would
> indeed probably be unwise for ITL to violate the license agreement
> unless their goal is to win the inevitable lawsuit and thus achieve a
> beneficial precedent.  (And while that would be laudable, I would
> definitely not blame ITL if they decided that such activities are not
> worth their effort or budget.)
>
> (And of course, I'm not a lawyer.)

Well, in the end, I own a mac, It's not breaking any agreement or anything
for me wanting to run it.
All that the qubes-os developers are doing is putting the availability for
those that have a MAC and want to run one piece of hardware instead of 4 to
do so without an issue.
There is no infringment on any agreement or lisencing there or anything
because they would already own a Mac.

If people decide to use it for the wrong purposes, then that is not the
fault of Qubes-OS. Qubes-OS and developers should not be the judge, jury,
and executioner for this.
We can run Windows on a Mac if we have Qubes on the Mac, so why not the
other way around?

For Windows people use Illegal Lisence Keys and cracks and all, but that is
THEIR issue, not the manufacturer of the hardware.
The patch for Qubes 3.0 would work fine, jsut have to put it into 3.1 / 4.0
and get it working again.

I own a Mac, I want to run MacOSX on Qubes on my PC which is much much more
powerful than my Mac. And that way I could also have multiples.
I could have one that I use for this, one for that, and another for another.
I own a Mac, I want to run OSX, I want to run it under Qubes. I'm not doing
anything wrong.
If people choose to do it wrong, then that is their fault, not Qubes. Qubes
wouldn't be saying that people can use it to have MacOSX if they don't have
a Mac, but you would just be allowing those that have a Mac to run OSX on
their PC.
You are not responsible for those that do things illegally.

Please, add it in and get it working, it would be most beneficial to have a
SECURE operating system for OSX as well as windows and other variants of
Unix.