On 20 June 2016 18:28:49 BST, Andrew David Wong <a...@qubes-os.org> wrote:

>On 2016-06-19 12:30, IX4 Svs wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Andrew David Wong
>> <a...@qubes-os.org> wrote:

>>> Does it persist even after you regenerate the DVM template?
>>>
>>> $ qvm-create-default-dvm --default-template
>>
>> I have not tried the nuclear option - I was hoping to find the
>> cause of such a massive leak now that it's happening so that it can
>> be fixed for all Qubes users.
>
>Sorry, I wasn't thinking of that as "the nuclear option." Rather, I
>was just trying to help determine whether this phenomenon is isolated
>to your specific machine (e.g., perhaps you forgot that you had done
>some special configuration that would be overwritten when regenerating
>the DVM template) or whether it's a Qubes bug.
>
>Personally, I haven't been able to reproduce this on my own machine
>(and I haven't seen anyone else say they can either), so it's not yet
>clear whether this affects any other Qubes users. If the phenomenon
>were to persist even after you regenerate the DVM template, that would
>be significantly more worrisome, since you said you're absolutely sure
>you didn't do anything in the TemplateVM on which the DVM template is
>based that might cause this.
>
>I've never tried backing up the DVM template (since there's usually no
>reason to do so), but I wonder if doing so would allow you to preserve
>the current state so that you can try regenerating the template.
>
>- --
>Andrew David Wong (Axon)
>Community Manager, Qubes OS
>https://www.qubes-os.org

I installed the latest fedora-23 updates, which refreshed my DispVM savefile-
the behavior is now back to normal.

I unfortunately did not think to capture the old state so that it can be
studied to understand the set of conditions that led to this unexpected
persistence.

If there are any logs I can provide to understand what happened I'll be happy
to dig them out.

Thanks

Alex