On 06/21/2016 11:13 AM, stephen.wick...@gmail.com wrote:
As I'm moving from OS X to Qubes, gradually, I wanted to get a feel for best
practices for management of passwords. Qubues has KeePassX. Should I trust that
over the Firefox password manager? Or pretty similar? Would it be a good idea
to keep the password manager in a non-networked VM? Or am I growing my tinfoil
hat from mid-grade to high-grade? ;)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Qubes best practice is to use a non-networked 'vault' vm for holding passwords and keys. You can run keepassx in vault and use Qubes copy/paste between that and other vms.

Whether it is 'safe' to store passwords in firefox has a lot to do with how sensitive the password is, and how much risk you're taking with that vm. If you're just randomly browsing the web with that vm, then I would not store passwords there for anything other than trivial accounts.

Chris