> Or am I growing my tinfoil hat from mid-grade to high-grade? ;)

I think no. I store all passwords in KeePassX in vault vm, and it is very
convenient, and all passwords are in the same place. Safe place. There is
almost no overhead - only additional press of ctrl+shift+c, ctrl+shift+v
which is nothing. I don't see any benefit in using multiple KeePassX in
different VMs.