On 07/05/2016 10:17 AM, gaikokujinkyofu...@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 5:52:08 AM UTC-4, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 07/04/2016 08:42 PM, gaikokujinkyofu...@gmail.com wrote:
No worries, honestly I should have thought of the sudo myself.

Well, running it with sudo and it went swimmingly, it connected so that is
good, another hurdle cleared.

I am now back to one of your earlier posts in this thread, regarding the
qubes-firewall-user-script.

I have to admit that I am not totally clear on needing to run the groupadd (it
seems to be run in the firewall script?) but I ran it (and it shows up in
/etc/group so I guess thats good?) but then on the next line:

sudo sg qvpn -c openvpn --cd /rw/config/openvpn/ --config openvpn-client.ovpn

I get an error saying:
Options error: In [CMD-LINE]:1: Error opening configuration
file:openvn-client.ovpn

I don't understand groups and ids very well so am not sure where there
breakdown is here, perhaps I need to set something regarding the
openvpn-client.ovpn file?
Error message indicates that the filename has a typo:
'openvn-client.ovpn' should be 'openvpn-client.ovpn'.

File ids will be OK if you created them with sudo. Running groupadd
multiple times with 'f' option is fine, too.

Chris
Thanks Chris & Eva.

I rechecked what I typed (I was typing from one computer the error from another
computer that time, logged in on the same comp so am c/p outputs now) and I
actually had typed it correctly.

I also tried adding the full paths to the openvpn-client.ovpn files as
suggested (though I added ca.crt and crl.pem instead of ca.key and crl.key,
assuming thats ok?). As for my openvpn.config (openvpn-client.ovpn right?)
being stored in the wrong place, I have it in /rw/config/openvpn/ should it be
somewhere else?

Regardless, after doublechecking what I typed, and adding the full path in as
suggested the below is what I got, this time a c/p :p

[user@VPN openvpn]$ sudo openvpn --cd /rw/config/openvpn/ --config
/rw/config/openvpn/openvpn-client.ovpn
Options error: In [CMD-LINE]:1: Error opening configuration file:
/rw/config/openvpn/openvpn-client.ovpn
Use --help for more information.
[user@VPN openvpn]$

thoughts?

I have seen SELinux restrictions cause this error. But that shouldn't be a concern if you're using a regular fedora 23 or debian 8 template. Did you enable SELinux or Apparmor?

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/94806/openvpn-options-error-in-cmd-line1-error-opening-configuration-file

Can you do 'ls -lZ /rw/config/openvpn' and paste the output here?

Chris