On 07/14/2016 02:40 PM, Adam wrote:

> I don't even get a ip so assigning a new dns server won't help.
>
> I think its a communication problem between windows and dom0, but i
> don't know enough to diagnose it further.

dom0 does not have any networking; this functionality is deferred to
net-vm and firewall-vm.

Your windows HVM should either have
 - a network device assigned to itself (not recommended)
 - a firewall-vm set as its net-vm

The latter case is preferred, and the firewall-vm should have a net-vm
set as its net-vm. In the net-vm there should be at least one network
device assigned, and in the default setup the NetworkManager applet
should appear by itself in the system tray when the net-vm is started up.

Network configuration on the LAN/internet side is done on the net-vm,
usually (but not necessarily) via the NetworkManager gui applet, and the
Windows HVM will only have to start its virtual network device (if
successfully installed by the Qubes Windows tools) and receive a private
IP address in the 10.0.0.0/8 network by the firewall-vm.

Please check this situation on your computer, and report any difference;
this may help find the problem.

--
Alex