Dear all,

I tried installing /boot & /boot/efi to an external USB flash drive which worked (after many clicks in the installer), but doesn't boot (laptop claims that there's no boot device).

I guess the grub installer got confused by the install flash drive also attached to the laptop during the installation? I also noticed that my /boot/grub folder only contains a splash.xpm.gz file and the /boot/grub2 folder only some themes folder (thought there'd be some config file somewhere?)...

So how can I re-install the boot loader in 3.2rc1? Unfortunately I'm not used to EFI boot yet and grub2-install does not appear to be available in a chroot dom0 environment (tried the Qubes recovery mode).

Any other ideas why booting might not work?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards
David