On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 5:23:09 AM UTC+2, Drew White wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 August 2016 07:25:20 UTC+10, Andrew David Wong  wrote:
> > These probably aren't what you're looking for, but since you didn't say that
> > you've already read these documents, and since they're relevant to the
> > topic,
> > I'll share the links here in case they happen to contain some information
> > that
> > is relevant to you:
> >
> > https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-template-configs
> > https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/building-non-fedora-template/
> > https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/building-archlinux-template/
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> You are correct, they are relevant. Yes, I have already read them the last
> time I asked this question and someone linked me those.
>
> I was hoping for a new resolution and an actual answer, not a link to
> something that does not have any information on what I'm asking.
>
> What you linked me are instructions on how to, not what I am needing to know.
>
> I don't want to download all that and more and do many things just to find
> out that in the last 1% of it all that it won't work because I have to
> install something first, or a different version.
>
> The main reason I'm asking what the prerequisites are is to know EXACTLY what
> the MINIMAL requirement is to be able to get it running on Qubes.
>
> I can't use a no-gui option on the VM that is a CLI and then access it via
> the console commands without it having the Qubes tools installed in it.
>
> In my OP I did say
> "I still can't find any documentation on it that accurately tells me what I
> want to know"
> and
> "Pretty much all the packages that are REQUIRED as a minimum to get it all to
> work."
>
> This is what I'm after, not instructions.
>
> I'm trying to build a template, and the instructions there are not detailed
> enough to tell me what I want and need to know, because I'm not an "end-user"
> I'm a developer and a technician by trade. I like things to be cleaner and
> more efficient than they currently are in some of the templates, including
> the "minimal" templates, which aren't exactly minimal, since they are missing
> things that are NEEDED and they have things that shouldn't be there as a
> "minimal". (In my opinion at least)
>
> So by knowing WHAT is required, I will know what it is that I can turn into a
> Template with Qubes integration.

>From reading through the qubes-devel list a bit, I'm fairly sure that what you
>ask for simply does not exist in a central location, because the few devs
>there are have different priorities, and nobody else has stepped up to the
>plate yet. Having said that, you can probably get an impression of what is
>involved by reading the reports by the people who had a go at building the
>archlinux and debian templates there; which involved quite a bit of trial &
>error, as is obvious from the email chains. There are more exchanges to be
> [...]
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/qubes-devel/archlinux$20template|sort:relevance/qubes-devel/Jdqd_Cn1Gwg/FpgNBoVa6S0J
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/qubes-devel/archlinux$20template|sort:relevance/qubes-devel/CB30pD5J56U/TmpIrj8yhswJ

Your (only) other option is probably to have a look at the builder.conf etc.
files for e.g. the archlinux template (or the debian template from qubes), and
go from there.