On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 6:51:31 AM UTC-4, neilh...@gmail.com wrote:
> If I think a computer has been infected, is there anything else I should
> wipe/re-install other than
>
> 1. Hard Drive / Operating System
>
> 2. BIOS
>
> Is there anything else that a hacker could possibly infect that needs to be
> wiped/re-installed..?
>
> Thanks

any other firmware pci/dma devices attached to the system can be infected.
BIOS might not even securely flash properly depending how you are doing it. For
example doing it from operating system (DOS)  might not be truly removing the
malware.  Might need a special dedicated device to flash it or ask company to
send you a new bios chip to solder on.   to be 100% sure you need to buy a new
pc unfortunately lol.