On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 01:49:07 -0700 (PDT), pixel fairy
<pixelfa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 1:47:02 AM UTC-7, jkitt wrote:
> > I'm trying to install 3.2 on a ThinkPad T420S but the installation
> > seems to crash while booting. The kernel boot log display is
> > distorted (see pic) and the system seems to hang.
> >
> > Does 3.2 work on the T420? Is it a graphical thing - can I disable
> > it with a kernel parameter?
>
> this seems to work on a lot of thinkpads.
>
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/thinkpad_x201/

It looks like T420s has the same graphics as T520 (Intel HD 3000). I had
a problem with this GPU and R3.2 (random reboots) and I have solved it
by adding i915.enable_rc6=0 to kernel parameters:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/qubes-users/DSFcUer3C7M/Rbno0VdfBQAJ

BTW with iommu=no-igfx my T520 didn't boot at all.

--
yaqu