Is there a recommended way to track default-installed packages on an
already-installed system?

I just independently re-discovered the fix for the un-muting problem
[1][2] and the hard way because the fix [3][4] (patch to
qubes-installer-qubes-os) appears to not have propagated to my machine
via qubes-dom0-update.

In hindsight this makes sense, because the change was to the list of
packages installed by the installer, and I have not reinstalled.
However... there must be a better way than re-installing or manual
vigilance to keep my system closer to upstream.

Am I missing something here? Is there not some meta-package of qubes
deps which should take care of this?

[1]: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2291
[2]: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2321