On 10/13/2016 02:25 PM, John Maher wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 12:06:15 PM UTC-4, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
> wrote:
>> On 10/12/2016 12:55 PM, John Maher wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to access file on the command line through an SMB mount point
>>> that is created in the GUI. I'm using a debian-8 AppVM and connecting to an
>>> SMB share in a Files window, but I cannot find a mount point for the share.
>>> I would expect it to be in /run/users/1000/.gvfs, but there's nothing
>>> there.
>>>
>>> Can anyone point out where I would find that mount point?
>> By default, GVFS won't actually mount it — it just appears in the Files
>> window.  I believe the first time you attempt to activate (open) a file
>> on the share, GVFS does the mount.  It used to be different, I know, I
>> just hit this issue myself a few days ago.
>>
>> This is more a GNOME upstream thing.
>>
>> Do your files show on the file manager?
>>

>> --
>>     Rudd-O
>>     http://rudd-o.com/
> The real issue is that I'm trying to access a KeePassX database that resides
> on a smb share, and the Database > Open dialog box does not present mounted
> smb shares or bookmarks to the shares. Any thoughts on this?

You need an actual mount for that to work, and the dialog box will not
trigger the mount operation.  You have two choices:

1) Open your KeepAssX database in a StandaloneVM which you have
configured to mount the SMB drive.
2) In the template, create and enable an /etc/systemd/system mount unit
for the SMB drive, that is only active if a file in
/var/run/qubes-service/<SERVICEFILE> exists (check the various
qubes-*.service files in /usr/lib/systemd/system for examples on how the
ConditionPathExists thing works), then set up the qubes-service
<SERVICEFILE> on the VM in question.  That way, when you boot the VM in
question, and only that VM in question, the mount appears immediately.

I would also use automount units if I were you, just to make sure that
your VM where you run KeepAssX boots fast and does not wait to mount the
remote device.

Here is a crude example of such a thing:

[user@tpl ~]$ mkdir /mnt/keepassxmount
[user@tpl ~]$ cat > /etc/systemd/system/mnt-keepassxmount.mount
[Unit]
Description=Mount /mnt/keepassxmount
ConditionPathExists=/var/run/qubes-service/mnt-keepassxmount
Before=remote-fs.target
After=remote-fs-pre.target mnt-keepassxmount.path

[Mount]
What=//smbserverip/keepassxmount
Where=/mnt/keepassxmount
Type=cifs
Options=_netdev,cache=strict,forceuid,forcegid,noperm,noserverino,nomapposix,nomapchars,uid=user,gid=user,forceuid,forcegid

[Install]
WantedBy=remote-fs.target
[user@tpl ~]$ systemctl enable mnt-keepassxmount.mount

At this point you add the Qubes service mnt-keepassxmount in your VM's
configuration.

Option 3: use some file sync service to keep that KeepAssX file
synchronized to local disk on that VM.

--
    Rudd-O
    http://rudd-o.com/