On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 02:12:52PM -0000, johnyju...@sigaint.org wrote:
> Lines of code added/removed:

interesting numbers, thanks for posting them here.

> Now, about 4.7.  Note that the page for only lists individual names, does
> not list any company affiliations or employers at all.  An odd
> change/omission?

could there be a simpler explaination?

> Xen is a much bigger and faster-moving target than I ever expected for a
> hypervisor.

indeed, same here.

> Is it possible to have a secure environment, where you don't fully trust
> the hardware/software?

no, especially assuming s#fully## ;-p

>  And unless you've designed the hardware and
> software yourself (or they're both open and heavily and transparently
> reviewed), and your never let either out of your sight and protection, how
> can you ever fully trust hardware/software?

you can't.

and yeah, that's sad. luckily the real world is mostly not *that* black
and white.

long story short: I'd argue that *noone* should fully trust computers.
however, this doesn't make them completly useless ;-)

--
cheers,
        Holger (SCNR)