On 10/23/2016 05:14 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 08:17:24PM +0000, Jeremy Rand wrote:
7v5w7go9ub0o:
On 10/23/2016 09:38 AM, Achim Patzner wrote:
Hi!

After a few months of severe suffering from xfce on a HiDPI display I
gave in and installed @kde-desktop-qubes on my system – and I'm pretty
sure I don't want to see xfce for the next few years. Title bars have a
usable size (something that cannot be configured in xfce without
building your own themes), icon aren't scaled randomly and fonts are
finally looking as they should. And third-party software like Softmaker
Office is finally working as expected. So: Will there be support for KDE
beyond Qubes 3.2 or will I have to plan for carrying a third machine for
my office work space?
+1

Never thought I'd admit it, but KDE (despite its legendary (and today
overstated) bloat and complexity) - actually works rather well.
Good to see that I'm not the only Qubes user out there who finds KDE to
be more usable than the alternatives.  Totally agree -- I really hope
KDE continues to be supported on Qubes for those who prefer it.
I think we can keep its current state. Shouldn't be a problem for Qubes
4.0 and later. At least until next major incompatible changes in KDE...

- --

I also prefer KDE. Also keep in mind these major revisions occur about once per decade.

Chris