So you know AFIAK OPOWER8+ systems have a emulation layer for x86 that works quite well, on the TALOS page you can see them playing a modern 3d game with it via pass thru video although obvious you wouldn't want to emulate a VMM.

Xen isn't the be all-end all of virtualization, there are many other solutions and some of them work better. (I could never get pass thru video to work with xen, only qemu-kvm and I used libvirt for the management layer)

There are plenty of non ME systems out there that are new enough to be useful for gaming, only AM4/FM2 have PSP but all the other AMD procs don't have PSP. The KGPE-d16 for instance is an opteron blob free coreboot/libreboot board that is quite nice for a performance workstation. For a laptop there is always the novena and a few other blob free ones, and if you don't want ME you can buy a non PSP AMD laptop.