On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 08:38:48 -0800 (PST)
DJ Mischkonsum <djmischkon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey!
> I installed Qubes R3.2 which has XFCE by default (at least my
> installation does and I didn't see any possibility in the installer
> to use KDE instead). I'm trying to watch videos in fullscreen mode,
> which - as I found out here
> (https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/full-screen-mode/) - is disabled by
> default. Now the problems with fullscreen mode mentioned in the guide
> seem relevant to take into account, which is why I'd like to use the
> secure fullscreen mode also mentioned in the guide. Problem is, this
> is only detailed for KDE and not XFCE... does anyone know if
> something similar is possible in XFCE and how to do it?
>
> Best regards

Hey,

You can enable fullscreen the same way as described in qubes-os doc.
But the keyboard shortcut is different. By default it's Alt+F11.
You can also check/verify keyboard shortucts in:
System Menu(Qubes log on panel)->System Tools->Settings Manager, in
section Other click Settings->Editor. In the right-hand panel there is
xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts entry, which will show all(afaik) keyboard
shortcuts set in XFCE.

As a side note, enabling full-screen as described in
docs(https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/full-screen-mode/), is used for
allowing app running inside VM to request going fullscreen(ie.
fullscreen button on youtube video). You can use fullscreen keyboard
shortcut to fullscreen any app from any VM, even without this option
set.

Regards,
tezeb