On 11/30/2016 03:55 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 02:44:17PM -0500, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 11/28/2016 05:27 PM, Patrick Schleizer wrote:
Probably related issues:
- https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-doc/pull/176
- https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-doc/pull/228

Which lead to some changes to https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/vm-sudo/
[which was reported to work now] (and the qubes-whonix package).

I may not work much on this issue however due to Qubes project policy,
explained in detail here:
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-doc/pull/176#issuecomment-242894132

Btw I almost missed this mail. As of now, best way to get my attention
btw is adding my e-mail address adrela...@riseup.net or adding Whonix to
the subject. Otherwise I cannot monitor / read all on this kinda high
traffic mailing list.

Cheers,
Patrick

I'm having one remaining issue after restricting root in the templates...

dom0 is logging tons of PAM 'audit' messages which makes the log very noisy.
I think the auth requests are originating from dom0. I'd like to find a way
to squelch them.
It's a "feature" of systemd-journald:

In short: add "audit=0" to VM kernel command options, or run "auditd -s
disable". Personally I have "auditd -s disable" in /rw/config/rc.local
in some (most?) VMs.

- --

I added 'audit=0' to my domU kernelopts, but after restarting all VMs I'm still getting the same amount of audit lines in dmesg.

Chris