Hello,

On 12/07/2016 08:46 AM, a.mcwh...@yandex.com wrote:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/qubes-users/2q19jFeTFGk <https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#%21topic/qubes-users/2q19jFeTFGk>

The article helped me to solve the same issue with Windows installation.

That's great ! It works for me too !

Quoting the interesting part  from the article :

I found you can pass a custom config to qvm-start. I copied the config for the vm to another location (from /var/lib/qubes/vm-templates/win7/win7.conf in my case) and edited the line in domain->devices->video->model and changed the type from 'xen' to 'cirrus'. So the result looked like this:

<model type='cirrus' vram='16384' />

Then I started the vm with:
qvm-start win7 --custom-config=[path to new config]

This allowed me to get past the install hang. I haven't completed the install yet, so don't know if it'll be necessary once the install is complete.

Thank you very much for the hint.

Kind regards.

ॐ

--