Michael Carbone:
> Me:
>> Qubes users beware. Riseup Services (including email)are likely
>> compromised by State actors.
>> For more info and to verify above statement visit
>> https://riseup.net/canary {here you'll see that the canary statement
>> hasn't been updated quarterly as promised} and here
>> https://www.whonix.org/blog/riseup.
>> Google the topic and you'll see lots of other statements that Riseup is
>> no longer trusted.
>> Stay Safe
>
> https://theintercept.com/2016/11/29/something-happened-to-activist-email-provider-riseup-but-it-hasnt-been-compromised/
>
> which includes statements from the Riseup team.
>
> It sounds like they were served with something boring, but because of
> how they defined their warrant canary they had to not update it.
> Removing a warrant canary does not mean compromise, which is one of the
> weaknesses of poorly defined (and followed) warrant canaries.

The Intercept may be correct. However they do not publish this tweet
from Riseup "listen to the hummingbird, whose wings you cannot see,
listen to the hummingbird, don't listen to me." It doesn't take a rocket
scientist to intepret this. In any case, I have my doubts about the
integrity of The Intercept; which is funded by the owner of PAYPAL; that
well known privacy activist! who in the past hast blocked donations to
Wikileaks et al