Me:
> Michael Carbone:
>> Me:
>>> Qubes users beware. Riseup Services (including email)are likely
>>> compromised by State actors.
>>> For more info and to verify above statement visit
>>> https://riseup.net/canary {here you'll see that the canary statement
>>> hasn't been updated quarterly as promised} and here
>>> https://www.whonix.org/blog/riseup.
>>> Google the topic and you'll see lots of other statements that Riseup is
>>> no longer trusted.
>>> Stay Safe
>>
>> https://theintercept.com/2016/11/29/something-happened-to-activist-email-provider-riseup-but-it-hasnt-been-compromised/
>>
>> which includes statements from the Riseup team.
>>
>> It sounds like they were served with something boring, but because of
>> how they defined their warrant canary they had to not update it.
>> Removing a warrant canary does not mean compromise, which is one of the
>> weaknesses of poorly defined (and followed) warrant canaries.
>>
> The Intercept may be correct. However they do not publish this tweet
> from Riseup "listen to the hummingbird, whose wings you cannot see,
> listen to the hummingbird, don't listen to me." It doesn't take a rocket
> scientist to intepret this. In any case, I have my doubts about the
> integrity of The Intercept; which is funded by the owner of PAYPAL; that
> well known privacy activist! who in the past hast blocked donations to
> Wikileaks et al

and riseup has been ungaged regarding their court order:

https://riseup.net/en/about-us/press/canary-statement

"After exhausting our legal options, Riseup recently chose to comply
with two sealed warrants from the FBI, rather than facing contempt of
court (which would have resulted in jail time for Riseup birds and/or
termination of the Riseup organization). The first concerned the public
contact address for an international DDoS extortion ring. The second
concerned an account using ransomware to extort money from people."

--
Michael Carbone

Qubes OS | https://www.qubes-os.org
@QubesOS <https://www.twitter.com/QubesOS>

PGP fingerprint: D3D8 BEBF ECE8 91AC 46A7 30DE 63FC 4D26 84A7 33B4