On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 5:56:40 PM UTC-5, raah...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 9:11:58 AM UTC-5, jasonwals...@gmail.com
> wrote:
> > There is a typo in my last message but it was written as "journald-dev-log"
> > rather than "journal-dev-log".
> >
> > Is there something to do with my problems with dom0 ?  At the bare minimum
> > I would like at least to recover my files from my VMs.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I had similar probs.  clean install is way to go in future imo.  Backups
> restored no problems.  Only tip is if you make alot of changes to the default
> templates.  clone them instead and use the clone for your vms,  to ensure
> they get restored properly when backed up.  But appvms should be no probs.

Luckily, I was able to backup all my VMs from the state my computer was.

I did a clean install, now Qubes work as it should.

Just one thing : I want to use my backed up "debian-8" TemplateVM, how can I
replace the original "debian-8" ? I'm not able to delete it and as long as its
there I won't be able to retore my backed up "debian-8" Template VM.

All my appVMs restored without problems.