Hey fellow Qubes-Users,

I want to use an remote PULSE audio server to playback sound output. The
server side is up & running. The connecting AppVM is based on the
debian-8 template

Standard auto-discover does not work, probably because the AppVM tries
to locate the remote server in the virtual internal networks of my Qubes OS.
I tried to use a tunnel in /etc/pulse/default.pa:
load-module module-tunnel-sink-new server=%SERVER_IP% sink_name=Remote
channels=2 rate=44100

I noticed that Qubes itself uses PULSE audio.
When I boot a VM, there is a Qubes VSINK device, but no tunnel.
If I restart PULSE audio
pulseaudio -k
pulseaudio --start
that device is gone, but the tunnel is shown.

Even though the tunnel is shown, I cannot playback sound using it.

I would like to have both devices (Qubes VSINK and the remote PULSE
server) to choose from in pavucontrol

Questions
1) What does Qubes do in order to show/connect to the VSINK? Is there a
different config file which is loaded when an AppVM boots?
2) Is a tunnel the right/best option to connect to the remote PULSE
audio server?
3) Is it a bug that a restart of pulseaudio does remove/not reconnect to
Qubes VSINK?

Thanks for reading and a happy new year

PS: Sorry for the accidental post in
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/WGtXebJxbM4