On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 05:35:52PM -0800, adonis28...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I just tried, and same error.. this is driving me nuts!
>
> This is the latest conf:
>
> Kali2-Template NetVM: sys-firewall
> UpdateVM: sys-net
>
> Kali2-Template has "allow connections to Updated Proxy" ticked, and the
> "01qubes-proxy" file present.
>
> sys-net has the qubes-update-proxy up and running, updating other templates
> works!

So this sounds somewhat different from the setup I thought you described
before.
I'm assuming you have kali -- sys-firewall -- sys-net

Look at sys-firewall iptables.
You should see in the FORWARD chain a rule that allows traffic from the
Kali2 IP to port 8082 upstream.
This should be generated by the tickbox.

So, run 'iptables -L -nv' and 'iptables -L -nv -t nat' on sys-firewall
and see what you are doing there.

You can zero the counters by appending -Z. Then if you try an update you
should be able to quickly identify what is going wrong, by seeing where
the counters increment.