On Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 9:21:05 PM UTC-5, jimmy....@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a netVM that works fine with a regular Fedora template but not
> Fedora-minimal. I've tried both Fedora-23-minimal and Fedora-24-minimal but
> neither seems work.
>
> The icon for networking does appear on the panel but Wi-Fi is not on it and
> there is no option to enable it. So it seems like I'm part-way there but
> something isn't right when it comes to wireless specifically--though I'm new
> to both Qubes and Linux, so I could be very wrong about that.
>
> Taking into account the known issue with installing software in
> Fedora-24-minimal (GitHub Issue #2606), I've taken care to manually install
> the recommended packages, specifying version number. I've then verified that
> the library has no newer version of each package, so I know they are all in
> place and up to date. Same for 23-minimal.
>
> Still, neither works thus far.
>
> Fedora-minimal seems like a nicely economical way to go, so I would really
> like to get it working. Any and all help would be much appreciated! :-)

It might help if you posted up a list of all the packages you installed tot he
minimal template for NetVM support.

Here is a list for both FW and Net that Rudd-O posted up in a thread for me
when I asked what was needed for net and fw temp using Fedora-minimal:

tar
    - qubes-tor-repo
    - qubes-tor
    - dconf
    - NetworkManager
    - NetworkManager-wifi
    - network-manager-applet
    - linux-firmware
    - dbus-x11
    - gnome-keyring
    - wireless-tools
    - wpa_supplicant
    - iwl7260-firmware
    - tinyproxy
    - which
    - pciutils
    - usbutils

Vít Šesták mentioned doing a net and fw Fed-min and it worked.  He also
mentioned installing "haveged" utility program as well.  He stated having issue
with net-card firmware as it seemed to need different firmware than the full
version for some reason.  He found it via a complaint in a log.

The thread it was all in I was able to just find again so here is the link:

Unikernels and
Qubes<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/qubes-users/Unikernels$20and$20Qubes/qubes-users/h03-1hiNMCc/DlWjysajEAAJ>
 -

Scroll down almost to the end and look for the last time Vít Šesták posted.
Its one of the last couple posts on 1/4/16.  That is where it starts about the
fedora minimal between Him myself and  Manuel/Rudd-o.   Maybe that might be of
some help.