On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 11:02:29PM +0000, Unman wrote:
> No the issue is that the 1 DNS server you use doesn't resolve some
> addresses. I assume this is how you like it so I'm not clear really on
> what the problem is.
>
> I have suggested to you how you can easily remove the second listing if
> that bothers you. (You've cut that from my reply).
> Alternatively you could customise sys-net to provide
> DNS services from some other servers, or add a second redirect rule to
> the one server you have. I don't see why that would be an advantage -
> surely your applications would time out in exactly the same way that
> they do at present?
> And if you added a second server that *doesn't* filter requests, why have
> one that *does* as your primary server?

Thank you for spending time to answer me but I still do not understand
why Qubes configures 2 DNS servers in /etc/resolv.conf in the VMs.

To summarise, I have one DNS server on my network. My DHCP server passes
only this DNS server adresses (Option 6). I may have missed something on
Qubes behaviour but why does Qubes decides to use 2 DNS server?

I understand your workaround to remove the second DNS server in VMs but
I would like to understand why it appears.

On a side note, on this network, I have plenty of different devices
connected with OS and I never had any issue with a second DNS server
appearing in the auto-configuration.

Thank you again for your help,

Antoine