On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 8:21:40 AM UTC-4, Andres MRM wrote:
> [2017-03-22 18:52] cooloutac:
> > not sure but if its like my pc when using xhci (usb 3.0) everything goes
> > through thaT one controller. it look like you have ehci controller too but
> > not sure.  What I do with one controller is use a usb to pci adapter for the
> > kb.  For mouse you can use the qubes proxy, not as bad as also having kb in
> > usbvm.
>
> Thanks, cooloutac!
>
> What do you mean by "it look like you have ehci controller too"? What is it?
> Can it help me?
>
> Unfortunately my notebook has no PCI port...

ehci is for older usb protocol.  xhci is for 3.0,  maybe there is option in
bios to disable usb 3.0.  then maybe it will have separate routed controllers?
Thats how it works on my desktop pc.  otherwise all controllers get routed
through the xhci one.  but then you will be giving up usb 3.0, but maybe worth
it not to have kb in sys-usb.