W dniu sobota, 1 kwietnia 2017 18:20:40 UTC+2 użytkownik Stephan Marwedel
napisał:
> Dear Qubes user community,
>
> I want to use a USB headset (Jabra Evolve) for the purpose of using my
> laptop as a replacement for a desktop phone. Is that possible with
> Qubes? If so, what are the settings I need to tweak for that?
>
> Can I use it also inside a Windows HVM to enable the use of proprietary
> conferencing software from Cisco? I have tried it using a Windows VM
> with VirtualBox on CentOS 7. That worked, although the audio quality is
> pretty bad. Do I need special settings for my Windows HVM in order to
> use the headset?
>
> Regards,
> Stephan

I did a similar thing with my sound card that requires proprietary Windows only
drivers to operate.
First, check whether VT-d is available and enabled on your laptop with xl
dmesg|grep VT-d
Second, identify the number of available USB controllers with sudo lspci|grep
USB. If you have more than one controller, assign it to Windows HVM.
Within Windows HVM install USB controller driver (if it's a USB 3.0 or later)
and then install drivers for the headset (if required).
I am able to use the soundcard in the Windows HVM with no problems so you
should too. Remember to enable VT-d in BIOS/UEFI first.