On 04/10/2017 05:54 PM, Unman wrote:
On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 03:39:26PM -0400, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 04/10/2017 03:17 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 04/10/2017 02:55 PM, Reg Tiangha wrote:

I think I'll try an /etc/rc.local script that deletes /rw/usrlocal and
re-creates just the top dir. Also /rw/config and /rw/bind-dirs. Pretty
much the only persistent thing left would be contents of /rw/home, which
is sort of a middle of the road between fully persistent /rw and using
dispVMs for everything.

And it's set in the template - so if you don't want it open the template,
remove the symlink and move /usr/local.orig to /usr/local.
Then qubes based on that template wont have persistent /usr/local.

NB this will break torVMs and maybe other features of your Qubes.
An alternative approach would be to run tripwire against persistent
directories and monitor changes.

unman

I think an exception can be carved out for Whonix/tor VMs without too much trouble. Currently, the script can make exceptions based on dir/files stored under /etc/default/vms/vm-name. But a more general exception for this type of VM would be preferable in this case.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@openmailbox.org
https://twitter.com/ttaskett