On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 5:25:44 PM UTC-4, cooloutac wrote:
> Maybe this is totally unrelated,  but I had to update dom0 twice.  First time
> it didn't really update.  Noticed the green download arrow again in
> qubes-manager hours later and that time it seemed to a big update.

Actually it wasn't even me, it was a family member, and I should of told them
to only notifiy me when they see a dom0 update,  sigh...  I've told them to
make sure they read what it says but this is kind of crazy.

They told me they already updated dom0 they thought, and I thought ok you
normally see that in tempaltes where it updates but doesn't refresh cache or
something and still shows a green arrow,  but then you go to update and it says
nothing to do (cause you know it was already updated maeks sense).

But this was probably a failed update or it did something else.

Only other time this happened to me with Qubes I blame on a bad resume from
suspend that I didn't realize till too late, and the fact I am using an SSD.
Which I am learning very fast are prone to fk up your data.   Qubes got borked
after I did a failed Dom0 update and I had to install.

This time its different. We should make the Tor updates by default.  But then
again this is type of thing that would happen on the whonix template and I
always delete it immediately.  Always get failed key checks on that all the
time, weird update errors and it always has to do with the servers.  So I'm
just at a loss I rely on the experts some form of encrypted updates I think
would def be better then just a key check. I would prefer it not be tor, but I
guess thats better the nothing. Especially if people don't pay attention.
Anybody could miss it, especially when using the little xterm window when
updating with gui. lol.

I'm sorry for rambling about an unrelated topic.