All,
  After several different installs of a win7 HVM I have noticed on my systems
that the Windows Desktop defaults to a fullscreen window, in my case 3840x2100.
 All attempts to change the size of the window or dragging it result in it
snapping back to it's full size.  The only option that seems to work is to
minimize it to the taskbar.  Within windows my only resolution options are
3840x2100 or 800x600.  Not my first choices.  :)

Any ideas on if it's possible to get it into a window?

I don't see any options in qvm-prefs.

Thanks,
Mark