On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 5:40:32 PM UTC-4, Unman wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 02:40:12PM -0400, Chris Laprise wrote:

> > >Hi guys,
> > >
> > >I've updated my Debian 8 template, and for some reason it's messed up the
> > >DNS-related iptables rules.
> >
> > This still works on my Debian 8 proxyVM. Haven't tried appVM yet as I
> > normally use Debian 9.
> >

> > >I've narrowed the problem down to this script:
> > >
> > >/usr/lib/qubes/qubes-setup-dnat-to-ns
> > >-----------
> >
> > >When I run it as it is, I get the following error:
> > >
> > >user@debian-8:~$ sudo bash /usr/lib/qubes/qubes-setup-dnat-to-ns
> > >
> > >/usr/lib/qubes/qubes-setup-dnat-to-ns: line 17: /var/run/qubes/qubes-ns:
> > >No such file or directory
> >
> > Two scripts that create /var/run/qubes/qubes-ns are:
> >   setup-ip
> >   network-proxy-setup.sh
> >
> > If you have a snapshot of your Debian 8 template, you could diff those files
> > to see if they changed (acquired a bug).
> >

> Like Chris, I dont see this problem with my Debian qubes - 8 or 9
> based.
> /var/run/qubes/qubes-ns isn't a script, as OP suggested -it's a file
> containing the NS1 and NS2 variables. In a qube it's written from
> setup-ip
>
> You haven't somehow enabled networkManager in that appVM have you?

Hi guys,

Than for your response.

As I said before, qubes-ns does not get created, and after running setup-ip
manually, I get a couple of errors:

----------
$ sudo bash /usr/lib/qubes/setup-ip
Cannot get device feature names: No such device
Cannot get device feature names: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
up: error fetching interface information: Device not found
Usage: inet_route [-vF] del {-host|-net} Target[/prefix] [gw Gw] [metric M]
[[dev] If]
       inet_route [-vF] add {-host|-net} Target[/prefix] [gw Gw] [metric M]
                              [netmask N] [mss Mss] [window W] [irtt I]
                              [mod] [dyn] [reinstate] [[dev] If]
       inet_route [-vF] add {-host|-net} Target[/prefix] [metric M] reject
       inet_route [-FC] flush      NOT supported
SIOCADDRT: File exists

Would you mind to share these files with me from your Debian 8 template to see
if I can fin what the problem is?!

Unman, no I haven't enabled anything. I got a Debian 8 template, almost clean,
and then a bunch of AppVMs using it as a template.

Cheers.