On Wednesday, 26 April 2017 11:05:43 UTC+10, Rusty Bird  wrote:

> Rusty Bird:
> > Drew White:
> > > It is enabled by default, and I asked somewhere how to disable it ages
> > > ago, but I can't find that information any more.
> >
> > sudo dnf remove PackageKit-command-not-found

Thanks, I'll do that. I'll put it into my little book of commands to remember
to perform on new installs.  "dnf remove PackageKit-command-not-found"

> > > But the UpdateVM is supposed to do that.
> >
> > No, that's a non-caching proxy.
>
> Sorry, I shouldn't mix these up: The "UpdateVM" proxies _dom0_
> updates. It doesn't necessarily run an instance of the (completely
> different) "Updates Proxy" for VM updates. But anyway, the latter is
> non-caching.

Well, if I don't give the guest access to the internet by restricting firewall,
and I tell it to "Allow connections to Updates Proxy", why doesn't that do what
it says it will do?

Sincerely,
Drew.