On Monday, 1 May 2017 22:55:20 UTC+10, Rusty Bird  wrote:
> Drew White:
> > On Wednesday, 26 April 2017 11:05:43 UTC+10, Rusty Bird  wrote:
> > Well, if I don't give the guest access to the internet by restricting
> > firewall, and I tell it to "Allow connections to Updates Proxy", why
> > doesn't that do what it says it will do?
>
> But it does! Maybe you expect proxying to imply caching, which is not
> necessarily the case. The Updates Proxy is one of many non-caching
> proxies.

If it got access to the update proxy, then it would be able to update even if
IPs were resticted because the update proxy would be allowed as it's on the
same subnet.

UpdateVM: "update-vm (current)"

That's what I have set in options.

Update Proxy is somewhere unknown.

At this point, I'm looking at building a better update system that what is in
place because of Fedora's crap that it makes you download every 5 minutes..

80 Mb every little while just to see if there are updates... I'd rather
download once, then use that for each guest. Is that possible?

How would I create the update cache proxy? Is there already one out there that
isn't resource hungry?

Sincerely,
Drew.