On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 10:59:09 AM UTC-4, dev...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm experimenting by installing on a Thinkpad T500, which has integrated
> (intel) graphics.  Since the install freezes after loading the initrd, I try
> installing in "basic graphics mode".  A lot of text streams by, of which I
> can only see the end, but I notice:
>
> "Not asking for VNC because we don't have a network"  [But we do!]
> "X startup failed, falling back to text mode"
>
> I try to look at the logs using Alt-Tab, but I don't see any way to scroll up
> to see above the last page.  Is there some way to do this?  (It looks like
> screen or tmux.  Is that right?)
>
> Then, I try setting things up, using the text mode, and find myself stuck on
> the auto-partitioner.  I've tried various routes through, but using mostly
> default (/dev/sda, use all space, LVM), I get:
>
> "Generating updated storage configuration.
> Storage configuration failed. Autopart failed.
> Encryptation requested for LUKS device sda2, but no ecryption key specififed
> for this device"
>
> I've tried dropping to the shell and deleting all partitions (no help),
> partitioning the disk by hand (no help), then setting up swap and using
> cryptsetup to make a LUKS partition for root (no help).  I can easily set up
> the partitions myself, but I don't know how to get it to recognize what I've
> done. Anyone have thoughts?
>
> /D

I'm probably a 3 out of 1-10 scale in my expertise on this, hopefully someone
else can jump it too - but I ran into some similiar issues. Check this out:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/thinkpad-troubleshooting/

Notes like disabling VT-d on the ThinkPads, in the bios. Also had to disable
some other things - look around there as a start, if you haven't already.

Best,
Patrick