On Tue, 30 May 2017, 17:11 cooloutac, <raahe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 6:26:10 AM UTC-4, Ahmed Al Aqtash wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I got a ThinkPad X270 that I am trying to install Qubes 3.2 on, but the
> installer consistently refuses to load the GUI.
> >
> > It loads up anaconda text mode, and I can't seem to finish the
> installation through this interface, since it keeps marking some elements
> as faulty.
> >
> > My BIOS setup:
> > Virtualisation enabled (tried enabling and disabling VT-d)
> > Secure Boot disabled, and only booting in legacy (I get a completely
> different problem when trying to boot with EFI, and it doesn't really
> matter much to me, as long as I can install)
> > I have tried increasing the initial reserved RAM for the display to 512
> MB (I recall finding a thread before stating that this weird setting would
> fix the installer loading the GUI)
> >

> > I created the USB with DD on ubuntu.
> >

> > The X.log in /tmp/X.log states that no screen could be found, but I
> think I have the same issue as here
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-devel/XN6JrEXVOVA but I
> have no clue as to how to fix it :S
> >

> > Many thanks for your help in advance!
> >
> > Hoping to hear from anyone

> > --
> > Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
> > Ahmed Al Aqtash
> > >^_^>
>
> What do you mean keeps marking elements as faulty?

Thank you so much for your time, appreciate it!

For instance when selecting software sources, it keeps saying that the
drive through which data should be installed (ie the USB) has changed, and
that I should look at it. But I set the source before selecting the
software I want, so I know it hasn't changed. Even if I go back and make
sure it is correct, it doesn't mark the step with software selection as
correctly configured.

So it seems like I won't be able to finish the installer in this mode.

Regards!