BTW, here is one of the many articles I've read about UEFI published by the
Linux Foundation:
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/sites/lfcorp/files/lf_uefi_secure_boot_open_platforms.pdf

It set me straight regarding exactly how Secure Boot was intended to function
and dispelled my perspective it was Microsoft who tainted it's design to make
it difficult to boot alternate Op Systems.

I'll grant you that achieving a truly secure boot process is a more complicated
process than previous approaches, but the blame for most difficulties lies more
with BIOS vendors than Microsoft, their strong-arm tactics not withstanding.

Another factor is lack of a certification process or testing procedures which I
mentioned above.

Certification can be a bad thing as well, as that could become a point of
control that limits practical use only to those who can pay a fee. If the fee
is too high it would be exclusionary and possibly prohibitive to smaller open
source projects.

I hope that the next release of Qubes will endeavor to fully utilize Secure
Boot and thus improve it's integrity and ease installation. Of course given the
variability of UEFI implementations it may prove to be too exclusionary to
certain hardware manufacturers.

I don't see Qubes as overly concerned about that however, as even without
Secure Boot it has rather specific hardware requirements as it is.