On 06/24/2017 11:52 PM, Alchemist wrote:
On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 7:09:32 PM UTC-7, yreb-qusw wrote:
Hello, so I have win10  on the 1st 2 partitions of my SSD, and install
Qubes 3.2 onto the empty partition/s  after the win10 installation.

However, looking in my InsydeH20 BIOS, I am given no option to select a
win10 vs. Qubes boot.  Only "notebook HD", "USB" etc.

Perhaps my mistake for thinking the laptop BIOS might function the way
the ASrock BIOS, does, which does give me a choice.

So, Now the "notebook" option just boots Qubes,    Can I still boot
Win10 on the other , 1st, partitions?

if so, how ?

thx

What you want to do is install Windows first and then install Qubes, you want
to edit GRUB so you can boot Windows from GRUB.

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/multiboot/

thanks, so if I got Qubes installed and up and running, does this mean my Bios is in "legacy mode" already? As I don't really see an option in the INSYDEH20 Bios to enable Legacy mode.

re:
--

    Add this stanza to /etc/grub.d/40_custom,

menuentry "Windows" {
     insmod part_msdos
     insmod ntldr
     insmod ntfs
     ntldr (hd1,X)/bootmgr
}

(Change X to reflect the relevant system partition.)
--

What would be an example  of  what  goes in "X"   ?