On 06/26/2017 11:41 PM, cooloutac wrote:

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 11:14:32 PM UTC-4, tai...@gmx.com wrote:
On 06/26/2017 10:57 PM, cooloutac wrote:

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 10:43:26 PM UTC-4, tai...@gmx.com wrote:
On 06/26/2017 10:30 PM, cooloutac wrote:

An intel gpu on an opteron server board? and you wonder why I question
your expertise.

maybe it was a xeon lol,  point is I think server boards are for servers, I
don't immediately think compatibility.
If you don't know what you are talking about don't just throw stuff out there, you can have your opinion but that isn't a fact and it shouldn't be stated as such. It isn't right to put down good hardware for no reason like what you are doing. When I was a young teenager and I first joined the internet I did the same thing until people told me to stop, then I learned for real - they appreciated that and so did the tens of thousands of people I have helped on various forums over the years. I hope you will do the same.

There is no actual difference between "server" and "desktop" CPU's/chipsets, it is 100% marketing and artificial market segmentation. Intel/AMD don't run two production lines they simply burn fuses to turn features off or on for that market segment. They also sell 4 and 8 core cpus but they only make 8 core cpus, if an 8 has two broken cores instead of throwing it away 4 are shut off and it is sold as a quad core.

You keep accusing purism of being overpriced  then post about a 100 dollar
keyboard,  and now 500 dollar mobos?  Its like you keep trying to prove my
point security is only for rich people.  lol
A G34/C32 cpu is only around $30, whereas you'd pay $500 for a xeon with equivalent performance
A KCMA-D8 is $330 not $500.

I built my libre computer for $500 total, I fail to see how that is comparable to a closed source computer (purism) that costs thousands of dollars - if they were actually free that would be a fine price to pay but they aren't so you're spending twice as much as a dell or system 76 for no reason.

I have had my Model M keyboard for 10 years, before I bought this I had to buy a new $30 keyboard every 3 years as they would break or the letters would wear off and they would look gross so I have saved money. I will never have to replace it as it will never break. It feels much better to type on and my hands stopped hurting too.

I don't understand why people will balk at spending money on slightly higher fixed costs (what you don't replace every pc upgrade, keyboard chair etc) when they spent thousands on a new gaming pc every few years.