On 07/14/2017 05:30 AM, motech man wrote:
> On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 12:05:34 PM UTC-5, geoff.m...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>> A bit of thread necromancy here, but - if you're using a smartphone
>> in the US with mobile data, there's a *very* good chance you're
>> already using IPv6.
>> [...]>>
>> --Geo
>
> I also expect to see routers for home market that will talk ipv6
> externally and ipv4 internally. That will help a lot of people
> transition.
Here in Italy (and a lot of other countries too) home routers just
started distributing /64 internally, in full dual-stack mode, during
this spring for the major ISPs.

Public institutions are expected to be fully dual-stack connected and
publicly available by the end of the year by law.

I don't see any advantage in having a situation like you described - why
not just full dual stack, and the devices connect to the technology they
support?

Apart from us qubes aficionados, any win10 pc, apple or android device,
and the vast majority of linux workstation/server distros fully support
dual stack configurations, and happily work preferring ipv6 when available.

--
Alex