hi,

so, apparently my clevo Intel Core i7-7500U 16 GiB RAM and 256GB SSD is having
an UEFI issue that I cannot pinpoint.

Somebody in the freenode channel "qubes" (not qubes-os) suggested me to read
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/#f1 which I did. But the
instructions are written for people with skills, which I lack. I tried cases 1
and 4:

case 4: /mnt/sysimage/boot/efi/EFI/qubes has not 4 but 6 files. I tried to
examine /boot/efi/EFI/qubes but I have no idea how to do it: Is that directory
in the usb stick Im installing qubes from or in the nuked notebook? And how
should I access it?

After seeing this I assumed case 4 does not apply to me, so I looked for
another of the 4 cases.

Case 1: In GRUB menu1<https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/#f1>,
select “Troubleshoot”, then “Boot from device”, then press e.

I tried to access grub pressing shift (grub should be in the usb stick, as the
notebook has been nuked, correct?), but I only got the qubes loader with 4
options (check media and install, install, troubleshoot and another option I
forgot). Is this grub? If this is grub, there is no "boot from device" option
in "troubleshoot"...

So somebody with very limited command knowledge is trying to get qubes 3.2
working.

Help appreciated