On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 4:41 AM, Nicolas Mojon <nicolas.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if on the new 4.0 it is possible to lock down data in a
> VM like that nothing can go out of the VM (like no internet or copypaste
> through dom0). I would like to make that specially for usb sticks or other
> stocking device, that people can work on things on the usb in the VM but
> nothing must be able to go out.
>
> Additionally to that, I would like to know if it is possible to use the
> sys-usb vm but with an usb keyboard, cause for the moment, when I try to
> implement it, it finish in a dead lock cause I cannot use the keyboard when
> restarting. And even with the ask policy, it happens after the login so it is
> pretty problematic and allow it completely,will probably cause a security
> issue for my system on of the question above.
>
> Thank you in advance...
>
> Best regards
>
> Nicolas

You can put explicit deny rules for all qrexec services involving that
VM. Copy/paste evaluates qubes-rpc policy too, but with an implicit
undefined or ask meaning yes.

*HOWEVER*: To truly and completely accomplish this is pretty much
impossible with modern computer architectures unless you limit to only
one VM running at a time. There will likely always be ways to
establish covert channels between cooperating VMs due to hardware
side-channels, regardless of whatever Qubes might try to do to stop
it.

See also: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/data-leaks/

Regards,
Jean-Philippe