On 08/16/2017 05:55 AM, cooloutac wrote:
I'm glad Bruce Schneier changed his tune and is no longer encouraging kids to
learn how to hack in live environments,  cause I think that breeds sociopaths,
and is dangerous. (and we are living in an epidemic)

Now he has to stop calling secure boot security theater,  because alot of
people seem to believe it and take his word like gospel.

Is protecting the bios from rootkits its intended purpose?  seems so?, it helps
anyways, and it definitely was intended to protect the firmware.  Its not just
kernel code signing,  its driver code too.

I would add also make a password on your bios obviously,  and enable flash
protections.

I don't even think most the ITL members use aem, it sounds complicated and
buggy and I can't afford to buy new hardware if it red flags anyways.

So......if you feel so strongly about it, how come you are using Qubes? Maybe I should go back to using Windows 10, if secure boot trumps the other security aspects of Qubes.

Or, do you think your 'safer' using Qubes, if so, why ?