On Saturday, 23 September 2017 11:39:31 UTC+10, Person  wrote:
> These are all very good tips, but to be honest, I'm not actually doing
> anything too serious on Qubes so tracking is not that bad (but privacy is
> still valuable).
>
> How would changing the web user agent fare? I tried it, and I believe it
> works well, but I am not sure what happens to the tracking. Of course, adding
> another OS in a Qubes VM would work well too, but it takes much more effort.

There is so much more that one would need to do to protect privacy.

Either you want privacy and do everything within your power, or else you don't.

User Agent, doesn't mean much these days, they can still query the browser
directly, unless you change all that information too.
Tracking.. not everyone obeys the "do not track me" settings.

I have one guest for this forum. I have one guest for another thing, and so on.

I have multiple NetVMs and multiple ProxyVMs.

I run anywhere between 5 and 25 guests at any one time.
I run Debian, Slackware, CentOS, Windows 3.11,95,98,2000,xp,7,8,10 (32 and 64
bit versions of available). I run OSX, ESXi, PFSense, Android 4, 5, 6, 7, Qubes
1,2,3, XEN, PASOS, COFFEE, OS/2, Also many many tools that I run for attaching
external HDDs and running tools on them.

I keep privacy between them, but I also try to keep my privacy online by
running VPNs and TOR and VPN through TOR. All for different tasks and accesses
and security requirements.